Things You Should Know Before Purchasing Air cups
Air cups are great and we often supply and fit them to our suspension however, they are not as universal as often thought. Here are some pointers to consider if you are thinking about purchasing them.
Air cups won’t suit every car and suspension design and even in cases where they do they will have the below impacts without a custom-designed set of suspension.
- They remove 23mm of shaft travel just from fitting them (which is quite a lot).
- Decreased height adjustment range.
- Potentially decrease the length of the spring that will fit.
If air cups will work for your car/suspension design, MCA Suspension can custom build your suspension to work specifically with air cups and keep the operation and travels as per original MCA designs, this usually includes:
- Assembling with longer shafts to try and accommodate the loss in travel and offering the maximum amount of lift possible from the air cups.
- Making the shock body shorter to regain the correct operating lengths after adding the longer shafts.
- Assess if we can fit the normal springs or if we need to fit a shorter and/or firmer spring.
- Check if there is a sufficient height adjustment range and make modifications as required if there’s not.
For more information regarding custom coilovers to suit air cups please contact us.
For more information about air cups please visit the Stanceparts website stanceparts.com.
Share this page.